View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 10:15 PM   #150
Hot Rod Reverend

Default Re: 1955 Ford Club Sedan Refresh Blog

Before I give you part 3 here, let me say I am very happy that I have a duplicate transmission out of the car. The constant adjusting, fiddling, bolting/unbolting, removal, installation, etc is quite easy since there is a transmission on the bench.

Ok, so today the postman leaves me a couple of boxes on the doorstep (actually 3 boxes but the third box contains a pair of Holley 94's to rebuild). One box holds a very nice Mastershift with a nice handle that is LOOOOOOOONG compared to the syncro loc I have and the other box contains Hurst shifter hardware arms and the like, prebent specifically for this overdrive transmission.

Photos of the rods installed on the syncro loc....

And photos of the Mastershifter (I am told it is the updated version of the syncro loc)

While things look good if you look closely you can realize that when the shifter is in second the rod is interfering with the shifter case... reason? The Mastershift case is slightly larger than the old Syncro Loc. Also, if you look at the bracket you will find that where the pivot hole lined up for the Syncro Loc, the hole does not line up for the Master Shifter.

I like the Mastershifter and the option to change out shifter arms pretty easily. It is definitely "larger and heavier" than the Syncro Loc.

Back to the bench and more modifications... time to elongate some holes and to bend a rod ever so gently.

Last edited by Hot Rod Reverend; 01-03-2016 at 04:40 PM.
Hot Rod Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote