View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 08:51 PM   #3
Bored&Stroked

Default Re: Flathead V8 Valve Guie Help.

Well - the first thing to do is to contact your builder and find out what he "attempted" to fix the guides into their bores with? Did he do something like knurl them . . . locktite them, etc? Depending on what he did, the way to "fix" it can differ.

Typically they will not stay down with spring pressure on them - unless he did something. My concern is that he used some 'fix' method that you may not want to augment - you may need to pull all the guides and put a new set back in - with the necessary horse-shoe clips. This requires pulling the heads. You can most likely do this and NOT have to redo the valve-job . . . BUT . . . given what this guy has already done (or didn't do), I'd not be trusting his valve work if it was me. Just sayin . . .

If by chance they can be pulled down with a valve-bar, then you may get away with that - obviously installing the horse-shoe clips and making sure they pop back up to hold the clips in the clip receiver area.

Good luck - let us know what you hear from the builder and we can help you more with recommended 'fixes'.

B&S
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote