View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 11:34 AM   #7
blucar

Default Re: 1936 Ford Roadster - Grant Fleming, Canada

I've always wanted a '36 Roadster or conv cpe, had a chance to trade my '36 coupe for a Roadster in 1953. It was November in Idaho, winter was on the horizon and my coupe had warm air (39 heater) and sweet music, passed on the deal.
Had a chance in 1956 to get a 36 conv coupe, that was going to the wrecking yard, engine was out of the car, could have had the '36 conv for $150. I had just received my draft notice so I passed on the that deal.
In 1963 I had a chance to buy a beautiful '36 Roadster, black with wine colored interior, car was near perfect, dead stock, owner needed money, $950. would have bought the car, My wife was against the deal, no room for our five kids, and I was not to keen on selling my '36 coupe.
My last chance to get an afordibily priced roadster came in '65/66. I came upon a '35 roadster, a complete running car that had been altered into an orchard truck with a pickup box in the trunk. All of the paint was scrubbed off of the fenders from tree contact. I offered the owner $125. for the car, he wanted $150. The owner would not come down, I would not come up, I walked... Have regretted walking away from the '35 every since.