View Single Post
Old 02-07-2024, 10:54 AM   #130
Tim Ayers

Default Re: FINALLY…T5 WITH Torque Tube in a ‘35-’40 Ford...The WHOLE STORY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Ron View Post
I certainly agree with the design and building of this system. Far beyond my abilities Never had much money for my Hot Rod hobby, Wife and four kids came first. Working in Ct I came across used machinery in junkyards, that did the jos, and my employment had me running allot of machenry. But!! I know my lininations. I also like Making things. As for the banjo rear?? That was eliminated in my drag racing days, when the Oldsmoble engine ruled the rust, and I never went back. However we used a banjo rear in the stockcar, and it failed when keading the fecher!!!! But that was my fault!!! On this rear I haden't installed the pinion snubber yet. Modern rear axles are cheap and offer better brakes and posies. and this improves our cars for less money. I try to give others a better, cheaper option for their ride, so they can make the wife and kids happy!
Gramps
Thanks, Ron. We're listening. After one of your posts, I searched around for one of thoe Jeep rears you mentioned. I'll pick one up eventually to have in stock.
Tim Ayers is offline   Reply With Quote