Thread: No oil pressure
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 09:11 AM   #22
burly

Default Re: No oil pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
Sounds like I definitely need to remove grub screw if I not running a filter? Much obliged fellas!

You state in your first post it has not been machined to 95% flow and in your above statement you state you need to remove grub screw???
If there is a screw in there it has been converted for filtration purposes.
Two conflicting statements. Remove the horizontal passage plug and see how deep the hole is with a 6" coat hanger wire and you are done.It will hit a grub if one is installed.If no screw discovered then your troubles are somewhere else.Who assembled the engine.

R
You're right Ronnie. My bad! What I should have said originally was that "I didn't have it machined for 95% flow" but after I described what I had and after reading some of the responses folks were kind enough to send I was able to determine it had been machined for the 95% and that there could be a grub screw present, prior to that I all I knew was my old engine had 2 holes on the bell housing where this new one had 3 and that it was registering zero oil pressure. I purchased the engine from a gentleman who had the engine rebuilt for a project after which he found out would not adapt to his transmission of choice so he opted for an overhead valve and sold the flathead. I haven't met the gentleman who assembled the engine but have briefly talked with him on the phone. He seemed knowledgeable and has supposedly built numerous flatheads and model A engines.
burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)