Thread: Fuel regulator
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #12
ken ct
BANNED

Smile Re: Fuel regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzncletus View Post
I know we're getting off track here, but I'm running an Offy regulator. It's in line right after the fuel pump with a gauge T'd off it, essentially the same as OldFord2 has posted. Relying on the gauge I've been able to regulate my fuel pressure to keep my 94's from seeping. One word of warning: The rubber hose I had running from the fuel pump to the carbs was less than 6 months old. When working on the carbs, I fired the engine up only to see a constant high velocity stream of gas shooting out of hose and onto the engine. The hose was not excessively bent or kinked. My only answer is that c%&# they sell us for gas these days with all the alcohol in it had rotted the hose that quickly. I'm running all high pressure fuel injection hose for ethanol now.

P.S. I also have an electric pump in line for priming the pump. As I'm getting things sorted out I'm finding it unneccessary.
Ive been promoteing fuel inject. hose for use for a couple of yrs now,why it isn't being used is beond me??? ken ct. This corn gas eats up regular rubber fuel line for lunch. word to the wise. ken ct.
ken ct is offline   Reply With Quote