View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 01:46 PM   #8
Viv W

Default Re: 1936 fuel line and wiring loom clamps?

Dan,
I assume your car is RIGHT HAND DRIVE same as mine, and therefore I assume there are differences between the LHD and RHD cars.
My RHD car, came fitted with a 36 or even a 37 tank fitted to my 35 phaeton, there was a problem with the angle of the cast iron bracket that the filler pipe screws into on the tank, consequently the filler pipe could not be screwed into the tank as it fouled the bodywork. The previous owner had cut the filler pipe in the middle and joined the pipe with rubber tube. I had a choice of cutting the body, or cutting the tank to change the angle of the bracket, so that I could screw a new pipe into the tank. I chose the latter.
Also bear in mind on the LHD cars, the exhaust system runs thru the right hand side of the chassis frame and on the left side of the frame on RHD cars.
I have put the gas/fuel line along the left side of the frame and tail light wiring along the right hand side, as that is where the light switch body is situated, on the bottom of the steering column.
I used model A type wiring clips for the wiring harness and some bolt type clips for the gas line.
Viv.
Viv W is offline   Reply With Quote