View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 08:04 PM   #18
P.S.

Default Re: Model A Museum Endowment Fund Needed

Mark,

You know how much I love you, man. And, you know that I have opinions that sometimes differ from the mainstream. This time, I respectfully disagree with the direction the museum is taking.

Purposely making the museum more expensive to own in perpetuity is a bad move, in my opinion. Once they expand, they cannot go back when cost-cutting becomes mandatory.

Also, the airplane on display is not a Ford tri-motor. It is a Pietenpol. It was not made by Ford. It is not very interesting or historic. Not even to a serious aviation fan, like myself. Its only connection to our cars is the motor in it. By that logic, the museum should also clear away legitimate Model A vehicles and parts to display ag pumps using Model A motors, or a boat with a Model A motor, or any other home-built thing using a Model A motor. It's ridiculous and I do not support that.

As a life member and donor of the museum, I disagree with the future the museum board has planned for it. I would like to see the entire board replaced with more conservative people who live in the reality that a constant flow of money is not sustainable.
P.S. is offline   Reply With Quote