View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 11:35 PM   #391
GB SISSON

Default Re: Truck based woody

For 30 years I have not missed the Puget Sound Antique Tractor and Machinery show at Lynden Wa. I run my 8 hp 1912 stover hit and miss engine that I ressurected way back when. Many other hit n miss engines came and went. For 15 years I towed my collection there with my 38 tonner. I load up tomorrow for the annual show and plan to trailer the unfinished woodie truck to Lynden and drive it around the 80 acre grounds. Unlike back in the '80s when guys were hauling in all kinds of junk from the fields and ditches, there is rarely anything new at the show, so I thought I'd mix things up a it. There are always old farm trucks and semis and a collection of ATHS truck members in attendance. Temps are gonna be in high 90s and for a Western Wa. guy it's almost unheard of. Plan to license the woodie after I get on the mainland with a pair of YOM plates I got at the Portland Or swap meet in April. Yeah!!!! 4 days off!!!!
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote