View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 02:55 PM   #387
Bill

Default Re: Truck based woody

Just reviewed some of your older pics and think I notice you have eliminated the angle brackets at the rear platform barn door opening. on a 41/48 wagon at this point the steel floor platform turns up maybe 3 to 4"and is bolted in an offset pattern. I can send a pic if you like. Replace this and it should connect to a steel platform from side to side connected to the chassis. Think it disappeared when you changed the design of the lower wood crossmember. Also on 41/48 wagons there is a serious steel support post on the "C" pillar from the inner fender extending upwards and rearwards for more support. Woodies do flex you can hear it when you drive. Gaps on my car are generally 1/4". Tailgates 1/4-3/8" and plenty drafty! At any level none of my doors jamb but after a hard rain they will and have binded. Your wooden platform in the rear may account for some of the problem but I'm thinking the flexing starts with the frame itself. Just my observations from 4000 miles away...others may have other suggestions. Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote