View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 03:45 PM   #15
WHN

Default Re: Replacing only the main leaf spring with a new one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2M View Post
A spring is NOT running gear. If a leaf in a spring breaks at 45mph there's no way on earth it will result in any harm to your children and grandchildren.

Interesting that you take this view with springs (it must be new, correct and perfect) while in another thread you advise the use of a 50/50 mix of STP and the fake "600w" oil the suppliers sell in transmissions. A transmission IS running gear. STP is NOT meant for transmissions. The oil the suppliers sell is NOT 600w. Using YOUR logic, you're risking the safety of your grandchildren.

You don't seem to have a coherent strategy/ideology about safety, restoration and maintenance.
As stated earlier, you and I seem to not be on the same plane.

I would just add that a broken main leaf in either a front or rear spring has the potential to create a REAL problem. Someone that doesn’t think that is the case really does not understand how these cars are set up.

I don’t know what I have said or done that has gotten you so upset. That’s your issue not mine.

Check with Webster’s. Running Gear is a noun, definition, wheels, axels, and springs. Sorry.

Please reframe from addressing me further.

Last edited by WHN; 11-07-2019 at 04:30 PM.
WHN is offline   Reply With Quote