View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 04:44 PM   #42
Bill G

Default Re: Why do you own a Model A?

My wife and I have wanted one for the last 40 years. Education, raising a family and other of life's situations just plain got in the way. It's a shame that I think I hear the same story over and over again that we need to get the things that are important to the raising of a family out of the way first, and then by the time we can afford one, we get a little sore (understatement) working on them.

Anyway, we have gone to many car shows over the years and drooled over them. I also remember one time when I was a teen, and my dad was offered a Model A in exchange for some legal work he had done for a client. We went and looked it over and I was really urging him to go for it. Well, he turned it down, and I have wanted one ever since.

Fast forward to May of this year. One was for sale locally and I jumped at it. One other person was there to scoop it up, but I was first in line, so I just jumped. Up until then I had not even driven one. It's been a lot of fun.

Recently, I have done a complete brake job. New linings, new drums, bearings, new this, new that, and this has been a real treat. I formerly had a 65 Mustang and other than the mechanical versus hydraulic way of activating the brakes. the technology is pretty much the same, so at least that was not new territory.

I am looking forward to many more hours behind the wheel as opposed to under the car!
Bill G is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)