Thread: 38 Ford Bus
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 11:10 AM   #31
rockfla

Default Re: 38 Ford Bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
Hmmmm......do ya recon that maybe we should think twice (fearing the "Alkaseltzer effect") before taking any future rides on Ford Trimotors, B-17s and B-24? I'd venture to say that their exterior aluminum skins are (for the most part) originals to the airframes and have certainly gone through much more stressful conditions than that ol' city bus (with paint protection) ever did! DD
First flying aircraft go through Wwwaaayyyy more examination and inspections than a 1938 Bus EVER did, the care and maintainence for such needs no more explaination, second I watched a car restoration program a while back about a 1950's ferrari that had been stripped of its paint sometime in the mid 60's and left in a garage (just like this's bus) and the WHOLE body had to be remade due to the degradation of the aluminum I.e (alkaseltzer effect). So......what would make that same problem NON Existsnt here???? And that was 1950's technology aluminum which I'm sure metalegry and technology were better mixes than 1930's aluminum

Last edited by rockfla; 04-22-2018 at 11:17 AM.
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote