View Single Post
Old 10-17-2023, 08:25 PM   #11
cas3

Default Re: Auction time for me...minnesota

Thanks for the nice comments. yeah, I want a milder winter. I have no plans for the deep south, AZ, FL, etc, just a milder winter, no mosquitos would be nice, and perhaps even a bit drier climate.

Being an addict of road trips and out of state swap meets and auctions I thought rite smack in the middle of the country would be best, and that puts me in Kansas.

A few years ago I was hired to haul a TT truck back north from a trip to Chickasha swap meet, and the TT was in Enterprise Ks. I've remained friends with the young man there, very nice fella who is now the big wheel at the Dickenson county historical society.
They have a steam locomotive that runs thru town on weekends, and always need volunteers to tinker on it, may be my new part time job for free rides.

Enterprise is still in the eastern 1/3 of Ks, so not the flat high plains you see out west
Yeah, they have 4 seasons, but short winter, little snow, and many years the ground does not freeze, or not 3 feet like here. Ever wanted a part for your project thats frozen in the ground (after you plow a road to get to it) ?
no more for me

Yeah, they get some hot days in summer, stay in the shade that day like here. Its a little drier, not like out west, but better than MN I think.

Then, once in a while the sky blows up! From Wikipedia, Mn has 400 tornados every year. Ks has 800! so, double by those stats , but I can not remember hearing about 400 a year here, where were they? I've had 3 tornado experiences near me in my life span of 68 years, they are not good, but I'll take the gamble

Still working on getting ready for the auction, truth is I will not be ready 100% by show time. One man operation.

More pics at Edigers facebook thing, and if you click "see more" at the site. Again, only about 1/4 of it is on proxibid. Thanks guys, hope to meet those who can make it.
cas3 is offline   Reply With Quote