View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 01:31 AM   #10
Tom Wesenberg

Default Re: Membership dropping, interest too???

Getting the car out in public is the thing to do. I also get thumbs up whenever I take my Model A or Studebaker out. It must have been Devine intervention the other day when my 1999 Olds wouldn't start. I wanted to drive to Target to use the Kodak machine to print a couple Studebaker pictures from digital. Since the Olds wouldn't start I had to drive my 1950 Studebaker Land Cruiser to the store.

As soon as I parked at Target and got out of the car, 2 older women came almost running towards the car, and one of them was taking about Studebaker. She said her dad used to sell Studebakers. I asker her if that could be Lawrence Burke in Anoka, who owned the Studebaker dealership, and she said yes. Then she looked up and saw I was wearing my Studebaker cap, and she got even more excited and said I really made her day. So it really pays to get your old cars out in public, if just to make someone's day.

BTW, later that day the Olds started just fine, so it's still a mystery what happened in the morning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (73.7 KB, 141 views)
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote