Thread: Front Tool Box
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 07:20 PM   #21
Jim Huseby

Default Re: Front Tool Box

I am the original designer and manufacturer of the tool box that replaces the radiator apron and follows the contour of the frame horns. I believe it is still shown on my website, olympicspeedsters.com . I gave MikesAfordable the exclusive rights to sell them. The image posted by Y-BLOCKHEAD looks exactly like the ones I supplied to Mike's. They were expensive to make and I didn't make a profit, but had the satisfaction of conceiving the product and seeing it through production and sales. I still have a couple set aside for future personal cars. '28/'29 and '30/'31's were different. I still have the patterns, jigs, tooling and several un-assembled panels rusting in the back room. One problem with marketing them is that few frame horns today are shaped like they were from the factory and even though mine are shaped to match the factory shape, they don't fit bent frame horns, so I had to make them to stand nearly 1/4" above the fender flanges that lay on the horn, allowing room to try to hide a bad frame horn. So a big danger in this kind of endeavor is that people will complain that a perfect part doesn't fit. Public complaining can destroy everything I have worked for all of my life and on top of that, I make no profit for the effort. Tonight I considered selling the parts so people could weld them together themselves, but that would quadruple the likelihood of complaints about fit when amateur attempts are made to jig and weld. You can contact me and discuss possibilities. My contact info is on my web site.
Jim Huseby is offline   Reply With Quote