View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 07:57 PM   #15
L5wolvesf

Default Re: Breaking Into An Open 55 Ford

I successfully got the door open Sunday. It took a while because of work, weather and whatever is “going around” dropped by for a visit. Prior to Sunday I was able to spray on some PB Blaster (to go along with the WD40 from earlier), but I can’t say which one ultimately loosened things up enough to free up the mechanism.

For future reference . . . access to spray was mostly easy. The inner door handle to just about the door jamb is only covered by the interior door panel (not within the door skin) – so the handle mechanism and pivots were essentially out in the open. Next I was able to spray the mechanism inside the door jamb by squirting through the rectangular opening above the rear pivot (see pic). And, I was able to spray the outer door handle’s inner workings by squirting through the hole where the lock button pops up. But that is only possible if the inner window frame is off.

With that done I put eyes on my data plate (see pic). I now know what the car was like when it left the Dallas factory on July 15th – less than 3 months before I left “the factory”(a.k.a. womb). The exterior color was “Buckskin Brown” – the light color below the data plate looks like Buckskin Brown. The interior was white vinyl and “Dark Copper bodycloth”.

Being curious I googled “1955 Ford Buckskin Brown” to see what whole car might have looked like and I lucked out and found some pics and a model on eBay of the same car and color (see pic). While the data plate doesn’t mention it I wonder if the white top was the way it came. I like the white top look on these older cars.

Thanks for the input guys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 55 door.jpg (26.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 55 Buckskin Brown.jpg (33.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 55 Ford Data Plate.jpg (33.4 KB, 19 views)