View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 12:24 PM   #6
My Old Blue

Default Re: 56 312 Coolant residue on rear main cap.

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Thank you all for your input. Motor is still in wagon and ran well coming out of storage. Kultuz, I feel I would need to replace the radiator and heater valve before I could pressure check as both are leaking. Perhaps I should replace those two items first.

Early on before I pulled transmission I had the front of the wagon on stands and after a few days I notice drops of coolant on the ground near back of the motor. There is an obviously leak at heater valve and I suspected that due to the front elevation, that valve leak traveled across the top and dripped down back side? I could not see the path clearly as I have not removed any portion of the top half of the motor.

I'm not ready to pull motor and rebuild, I just want to stop the leaks for now and before I do this, I want to inquire that I possibly do not have an internal leak that anyone may have experienced? Perhaps based on forums experience maybe a trickle down effect leak through perhaps valley pan or distributor seal from my heater valve that may sound plausible?
My Old Blue is offline   Reply With Quote