View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 07:18 PM   #6
denniskliesen

Default Re: Light switch positions

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in Quincy View Post
As Tom W. said, you have part of the 1st switch that used a bail. You need the correct terminal block and wiring harness to use this switch; this switch only has 3 positions: 6= off, 7=Park, 5=On, you have no high beam as the headlight blubs are 21-3 candle power. Your headlight reflectors would be single blub, and you would have small headlight conduits and the headlight glass would be fluted, you should also have the tuna can taillight which was used thru March 1929.

Ron

If you have a later switch and wiring harness you can modify the wires to the headlights by using the green and park wire to serve your headlights, cut off the red wire so the two remaining wires will go through you conduits.

The switch will have park at 7, off at 6, high beam at 5, and nothing at 4.
Tom, Ron

You pretty much answered my question about the terminal block. Too bad they don't sell a terminal block and terminals individually so those of us that have the early switch can make up the harness to match. Maybe somebody does and I just haven't found it yet. Yes it is early 29. The car is pretty much more 28 then it is 29. I have 50/32 cp in the headlights now and they are working fine. They aren't any brighter than modern cars and I run them on the low cp side most of the time. I live in a suburb where there are more than enough street lights. Yes it has fluted lens and tuna can taillight.

I have a new harness that is with the 2 wires for my headlight housing, wired single bulb headlight with a separate cowl light wire that is tied back and insulated. The old harness had many bare wires and I didn't feel it was worth trying to repair it.

All of the old parts that came off of this car have been kept in boxes, even the parts that are no longer usable.

Thanks guys for all your help.

Last edited by denniskliesen; 04-14-2017 at 07:29 PM.
denniskliesen is offline   Reply With Quote