View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 02:04 AM   #38
old splicer

Default Re: Wildfire evacuation

A little advise to those in fire prone areas. If possible try to keep even your project cars licensed and insured. I lost 2 cars in the Paradise fire. One was insured and I was compensated under the auto policy but the other was uninsured and found that my house insurance specifically excluded cars and parts. Also watch out where you park your stuff outside. The 47 in my avatar was a little to close to the house and went up but the white pickup survived, go fiqure?? Had my 31 had been up on wheels I could have rolled it out of the garage to the middle of my driveway.

If at all possible try to keep everything as a "roller". As usual my hindsight is 20-20. Tools tend to be covered so photos of all tools and gear are handy and photos of insured cars are a great help but store off site !!!!!! I had them in the shop Duh. Having been through this I can really feel the pain. Its also a good time to update the coverage on your house as cost per foot prices tend rise after these disasters and when you rebuild an older house you have to bring alot of it up to current codes which can cause real sticker shock. Good luck to all those in harms way
old splicer is offline   Reply With Quote