Thread: Carpet question
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 07:29 PM   #9
gary678*

Default Re: Carpet question

I recently had my 1930 Cabriolet carpeted by Diamond Trim Shop in Middletown, NY, a well known quality shop .. their work has been mentioned at least twice in Hemmings "Classic Cars". They strongly recommended and then installed a tightly knit brown carpet used in 1956 Chevrolets, and custom made leather like boots for the shift and emergency brake. Snaps were used to make carpet removal and battery access easy... their work detail was excellent in both the cab and rumble seat. Prior to their work I installed Dynamat Extreme on the floor and inside of the firewall to reduce sound and heat. In summary the leather boots and brown carpet gave the interior a warm and beautiful look. If you want, I can call them and get exact manufacturer and carpet code, also could send you a few photos. You can also call them at (845) 467-4127. One caveat, quality work is not cheap...carpet/boot cost was $2300.+; Dynamat $175. I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for". Good luck with your project! Gary D.
gary678* is offline   Reply With Quote