Thread: led light bulbs
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 12:45 PM   #34
DHZIEMAN

Default Re: led light bulbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by machineman64 View Post
I am looking for comments good bad or otherwise on the direct replacement led bulbs for the model a headlight. they are available from:

[email protected]

Has anyone installed these, are you satisfied?

John,
There is a company in England, they need to know some particulars and when I last checked, 3 bulbs, two for installation, and one spare was around $128.00. There are some other threads on this subject, lots of good info. Also, these LED's as I understand it are very bright and will do great. But, they cannot do well with poor reflectors, The silver on your reflectors has to be up to snuff too! I do not recommend what I did, I replaced the reflectors with a sealed beam kit that hides behind the Model A lens and looks OEM, but, the current draw is high and if you have an original Model A Generator, you have to up the charge to around 15 amps if you do a lot of night driving, and if you up it and drive during the day a lot, you are boiling your battery with overcharge. I bit the bullet and installed a 6v pos ground alternator! But starting on this again, I would have done the LED's got my reflectors re silvered and been done with it with real bright lights!
DHZIEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote