View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 02:54 PM   #4
durk

Default Re: 1941 convertible backfire to carb, with video

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfla View Post
It's hard to say "exactly" what is going on even with your video.....I would check the vacuum line and make sure that it is solid and hooked up correctly, its seems like the timing isn't advancing when you accelerate?? You say that you have messed with the air mixture screws with NO results, that certainly is a problem!!! IF you are not getting any results from turning the mixture screws then at minimum the throttle shaft is worn and pulling air around the shaft. The timing seems okay as it starts quickly and seem to idle nicely.....I would look at the vacuum line to the distributor and make sure its solid and not compromised, then I would look at maybe sending the carburetor to Charlie (here on the barn CharlieNY) and having him rebuild your carburetor, then you have a more solid foundation to work from IF you continue to have problems!!!!
sorry, that's because of the translation. I meant that the engine did not improve when I turned the air mixture screws.
When I turn it, the engine starts to spin faster or when I turn it off the engine stops.
It looks like a brand new carburettor.

I'll check the vacuum and compression tomorrow.
durk is offline   Reply With Quote