View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 07:55 AM   #1
roccaas

Default How to read the Light switch diagram??

Looking at the schematics of the light switch at the bottom of the steering column (either in Les Andrew's book or the Lincoln Publishing cardboard schematic of the entire wiring system) ('30 with Cowl Light circuit)....

As I look down on the schematic, am I also looking DOWN onto the black bakelite light switch (from the perspective of the 3 button spider rotating across the dimples), OR am I looking UP at the bakelite black piece from the perspective of where the wires and female connectors lock into the male connectors as they cross into the light switch body?

I've got the headlamps all miswired, as well as the cowl light circuit (which I use to power a pair of aftermarket Cat Eye driving lamps). The cowls are used for turn signals (and they work fine) as do the brake/tail lights that light up at every position of: Driving, Low Beam, and High Beam.

I keep the lever on the steering wheel pointed South, and:

7:00 = Driving Lights
5:00 = Low Beam
4:00 = High Beam

(when the work correctly, which they are NOT doing now!) I feel like that old "Chico and the Man" episode where the older mechanic was trying to fix a Porsche and the light switch turned on the wipers, and the wiper switch sounded the horn.

I just can't figure out if I'm looking down at the diagram from the North Pole, or up from the South Pole?

Thanks