Thread: uncanny stories
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2024, 09:42 PM   #21
Brian

Default Re: uncanny stories

Another one; Years ago, pre internet, one of the items I really desired for my 35 was a clock mirror. One particular Saturday, there was a local swap meet, like ten minute drive from home, I could've gone to it, instead, I went around to a mates place and did some panel work on a 57 Ford he was building. talking to another of my mates a coupla daze later, who lived 100 miles away, he informed me he'd gone to that meet, as a seller, amongst the things he sold was a 35 clock mirror, for $60.00!! i kicked myself; I'd wasted a day, helping a mate [who, incidently, never paid me], and missed out on potentially buying one of the things I most coveted....
Two weeks later, there was a swap meet about 200 miles away; early morning start, get there, one of the first things I see is a 35 clock mirror! Incredulously, I ask the seller how much he wants. He replies, saying to make an offer. I offer $60.00, seeing as that is what that other one had sold for...the seller replies, "I was actually thinking $100.00, but, yeah, ok, I'll take $60.00". he then demonstrated that by pulling the string, it worked....