Thread: How long ?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 11:59 AM   #10
Y-Blockhead

Default Re: How long ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstuf View Post
September 1928, I was a child and remember well when Dad traded in his 1926 Model T Sedan for a brand new 1928 Model A Fordor. I have lots of memories of the "A" which he kept until 1933, and I knew I would have an "A" when I got older.

It came to pass in 1937 when I bought a 1930 Coupe with a homemade wood box body where the trunk had been. It cost $10, ran well, and because I was too young for a drivers license I paid fifty cents for it to be delivered from Chickie Clarks junkyard in Chatham, about 25 miles. As my hometown had no police department it became a woods road driver with never a problem.

1939 sold Coupe at a profit, got 1931 Fordor, another $10 car, still just used on back roads.

February 22, 1941 acquired a real nice 1930 Coupe I still own today, sold the Fordor. The Coupe has been continuously registered and used since 1941 except for my WWII service time.

1947 made my first parts buyout from a Ford dealer. You guessed right, it was Model T parts they were getting rid of. I have made numerous Ford dealer parts buyouts over many years, the last being all V8 parts in 1998.

Most of the genuine Ford parts acquired over the years have been sold, but not quite all. Quite a few buyouts were Model A parts. In one particular buyout the Ford dealer had passed on, had a warehouse with parts and interesting used cars he had taken in trade. There were 14 cars ranging from two Model T's up to a 1965 Mustang Convertible, and 12 pickup truck loads of V8 parts. All is history now.
Interesting story, Barnstuf.
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote