View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 09:42 AM   #3
Kube

Default Re: 1940 ford fog light switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmpa View Post
Any body have photos of the factory fog light switch that mounts under the dash. If I remember right they look similar to the instrument cluster dimmer. Is anyone reproducing these or know where to find one?

One must remember that parts books offered service replacement parts and as such, even though the parts listed would fit and function, they were not necessarily correct.
This is one of those instances. An earlier poster included photos referencing both an after-market switch and a switch that on occasion was provided by Ford (service). Not only were the photos of incorrect switches the "11A" (1941) prefix makes it quite obvious neither was designed authentically for a 1940 Ford (prefix 01A).
As your heading '1940 Ford fog light switch" leads me to believe you are interested in the correct part, I have attached photos of both the front and rear of a proper 1940 Ford road lamp switch.
They have never been reproduced and are quite rare. In fact, they were rare back in the early 1970's when I began to search for them.
Very infrequently you may see one being offered on eBay. I may have an "extra" (new old stock) available should you be interested.
By the way, so as to avoid any possible confusion, Unity was the sole supplier of road lamps to Ford for the 1940 model year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg roadlampswitch MK.jpg (32.9 KB, 77 views)