View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 09:46 PM   #2
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: project that i am starting want to make this reliable for trips

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcranger View Post
had a lot of ideas want to leave it looking as it is , but it runs and drives ,needs tires,mechanical brakes all rebuilt and cast drums , want this to be able to run 55 on the road need reliable to go from CNY to jalopy showdown, and milltown show , not sure on how the A motor will hold up to that much driving, looking at either snyder head or brumfield ,lightening flywheel, 3.78 gears , downdraft carb and header to start , looking at doing volvo overdrive conversion, going to call about the conversion kit for this ,also lowering front and rear looking at the T spring for the rear and drop axle in the front input would be great,
Please forgive me for asking this but it appears you already have your plan so why ask us for our opinion that will very likely differ from what you want to do? I encourage you to create your car based on what you want it to be! You do say however, that you want to leave it as is ...however you also say you want to add all kinds of things that change the look, ...and argueably make it something other than .....!

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the Jalopy Showdown a Traditional Hot Rod Show? Can't you just bring a stock Model A (appearing & mechanically) there? If so, from my experiences I can tell you that a stock Model A engine & driveline that is within proper mechanical specs will do the 55mph reliably all day long. I'm sure you would agree that none of the items you mentioned above would make your car more reliable over good stock pieces. Especially lowering the front & rear. Again, I encourage you to build your car to how you want to build it without input on our opinions but also understand that none of those modifications are really necessary to meet your goals of driving reliably at 55 mph for that kind of distance.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)