View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 11:55 AM   #28
Dave in MN

Default Re: Non-Authentic Paint Colors & Schemes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Bidonde View Post
It is amusing that many of the responses to this post are the opinions of purists. I kind of expected lots of negative responses.
There is a recurring theme to this post that a Model "A" is devalued by non-authentic paint colors. ???? There is no way a current / recent thorough restoration will recoup its cost regardless of its colors. As for what a Model "A" is worth, that's in the eyes of the beholder.
The public and club member reactions to the colors of my 190A have been lots and all favorable.
Here's a twist. If I paint a company logo on the doors of my 190A, its colors will be correct a commercial special order.
Bob,
I don't understand the purpose or intent of your original posed question. which was: I am positive regarding deviating from Ford's factory colors and schemes. However, I am negative about using metallics and clear coats. What is your opinion?

You ask for opinions but when opinions arrive contrary to your stated preference, you label the posters as "purists" and seem to be amused while discounting their preference. I could understand why you may do this if someone said your car looked out of place or wrong but no one has said that. The way I read the offered opinions is that they are just individual opinions preferring original colors and not meant to be disparaging to your choice of how you painted your car.
I am not trying to be confrontational, I am just trying to understand how stating an opinion lumps many of us into a class of purists whose opinions are not valid. What information were you searching/hoping for with the original post.
Good Day!
Dave in MN (Dave Gerold)

Last edited by Dave in MN; 01-17-2020 at 05:18 PM.
Dave in MN is offline   Reply With Quote