View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 09:44 AM   #11
Afordman31

Default Re: Exh. manifold to muffler; does anyone make....

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve hackel View Post
Hello; I am in the process of building an extremely nice engine test stand for myself and my friends to use for the initial start up and break in of our engines. In trying to simplify as much as possible, I decided to use a new reproduction exhaust manifold and then just drop down to an aftermarket
style muffler and tip; does anyone make the short pipe that fits between the bottom flange of the exhaust pipe and the inlet side of a stock type muffler?

I stopped at Midas & Meinike (local in Chicago) with my sample and both of them told me that their equipment will not fabricate the flange that mates up with the bottom of the exhaust manifold......

Anyone have any suggestions - anyone have a damaged muffler that they might be willing to part with the front section? Thanks, Steve
I took a Model A muffler to a shop that made exhaust systems. They bent a pipe and flanged it copying the bend. I had to go back and have pipe bent a little more to get my muffler to be level. Cost around $50. This is where I went: Lane Automotive Otsego Michigan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lane Automotive.JPG (20.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg flange.jpg (37.5 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06830.jpg (117.0 KB, 38 views)
Afordman31 is offline   Reply With Quote