View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 09:14 PM   #32
Daves55Sedan

Default Re: 292 y-block distributor puzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcking View Post
The fuel hose is a problem. If you route it under the bellcrank mechanism, it is getting pinched against the intake manifoold. How did the factory do it?

It is not supposed to be rubber hose at all. It should be metal tubing. Try to duplicate the routing shown in the '56 Ford car shop manual in various places, or you can actually buy that fuel inlet tubing (pre-bent) from various repro parts suppliers. I got all my undercar fuel and brake line tubing from a company called "Inline Tube", but they also carry a complete line of fuel and vacuum tubing for the engines.
The rule of thumb I like is: Use as LITTLE of rubber tubing as possible in fuel and vacuum systems. Rubber breaks down under heat and age and becomes damaged by contaminants in ethanol, so it needs to be checked for cracks periodically. Metal tubing lasts practically forever.
Some of your chain auto-parts stores have been offering copper-alloy tubing for a while now, so if you are creative like me, get some and bend your own for custom fit. And get new brass compression fittings too.
Daves55Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote