View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 10:22 PM   #35
mrtexas

Default Re: estate sale, so cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flathead Fever View Post
Wait, that's not all I bought. How could I possible pass this up for $200.00? I barely recognized it at first as being a flathead Ford. Its a flathead, its a 115V, 45A generator at 1800 rpm and its a compressor. At least it use to be. Lots of broken parts, some missing parts, heavy rust but its just so interesting! If nothing else I can make an engine test stand out of it. I might put that intake on a hot rod and watch people scratch their heads. I's call it a broww ram intake. I found one of the missing caps for the one head. It has that high performance oil pan breather which is unique. There is a big metal plate with the specs on the generator housing. It says 30 hp. If somebody asks you how much horsepower a 4 cylinder Ford V8 has you can now tell them.

I wonder how much CFM this puts out? It would be neat to sandblast my early Fords using a flathead compressor?

I don't know what it weights. I didn't bother tying it down on the trailer. I just hope my tractor will lift it off of there?
Looks like you got the governor with it.