View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #57
Vic Piano

Default Re: What I Did on My Lunch Hour

Road Trip!
Today we went on a road trip in search of cars & parts. Mike drove his '41 Business Coupe, with a friend along for the ride, over to my place. The three of us climbed into my '39 Convertible Sedan and took off for Sarasota to check out a non-Ford that Mike was interested in. The weather at 8:45 am was just cool enough to wear a long sleeved shirt and keep the top and windows up for the ride south. Once we got to Sarasota (aprox. 100 miles), I put the top down while Mike went for a test drive in the non-Ford. After a short deliberation Mike opted not to make the purchase so, after Mike treated us to lunch, we took of for St.Pete (where a friend of ours has a nice stash of parts) to look for a good main shaft for the '39 Zephyr transmission. I was lucky enough to find two that were in good to excellent condition. We left St.Pete and were headed to Oldsmar to help another friend but time was getting late and we all had other commitments so we headed back to my house.
I'll digress for a moment, my computer is back from the Wizards and I've been able to transfer photos of our exploits over the past several weekends to share with you. They are however in no chronological order but you'll get the gist of what has been going on.
Denise, the "Hot Rod Lady Cruiser" paid us a visit a few weeks ago when it was winter here in Tampa, along with Chuck and the usual group.

Hopefully we'll be able to start putting the transmission back together next weekend.