Thread: Lighting
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 09:32 AM   #10
ryanheacox

Default Re: Lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badpuppy View Post
You appear to me missing power from the generator to the switch (yellow wire). Check connections. The brake switch connects to the same contact plate (green wire), effectively a direct connection between generator and brake switch. Also check continuity between generator and battery if it fails only at low idle, or off.

My thought as well. But I have no idea why there would be voltage to the horn terminal at first and then go away when the switch is connected to the column. Unless of course there problems in the horn circuit keeping the horn from working.

No brake lights could be a red herring. With the fresh restoration maybe the tail/brake light isn't getting a good ground. Also most of the new 28/29 brake light switches are junk.

Txmike, with the light switch disconnected from the column, will the horn work if you run a jumper from the center terminal on the switch to a head stud (or other ground)? Likewise, you can jump from the park/dim/bright detente to the bat. detente on the switch plate to make sure your lights are working. All this does is confirm that the wiring/ground paths are good.
ryanheacox is offline   Reply With Quote