View Single Post
Old 02-13-2024, 01:13 PM   #36
Sunnybob

Default Re: Clock for a 52-53 Mercury

I apologize for not explaining myself well. I'm italian and my English is bad. I'll try to explain the situation again:
Car mounted clock. I connect the battery. The clock starts. I hear the sound of the charging and then the ticking of the mechanical part working. Every so often I hear the charging click and it goes... If I disconnect the battery it runs until it has residual charge. And it works even if I disconnect and reconnect the battery. It goes as long as he has the charge and then stops. Sometimes however, when I reconnect the battery I don't hear the sound of charging and I realize that it is stopped. The problem is after a certain amount of time (indefinable because it varies) it no longer works. If I remove it from the car I notice that it still has a residual charge because if I swing it it starts again for a certain amount of time (variable depending on the remaining charge).

Clock on the bench. It runs smoothly for hours and hours. It ran for 24 hours without any problems.
Sunnybob is offline   Reply With Quote