Thread: photo1-1-window
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 11:54 PM   #358
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: photo1-1-window

SKIP COILS

George...You are so totally predictable! Take a deep breath and smell the beautiful springtime Florida flowers. Then, go back and CAREFULLY re-read what I said. My post showed nothing but "high praise" for Skip as well as the duly noted and hi-lighted "GOOD" coils that he has forever, and quietly turned-out. That's the entire, key element to my statement.....Skip has very quietly and humbly earned THE reputation of turning-out the ONE & ONLY, time-tested, dependable and fully-guaranteed old Ford coil available ANYWHERE on the planet......period! He's virtually a legend in his own time in the old Ford flathead V8 world. One of the neatest aspects of all of this is that Skip has built this reputation over a long time period by continually turning-out a bullet proof, first class product......NOT by running his mouth or tooting his own horn every time someone mentions a flathead coil. It's just not necessary when so many of his loyal customers are so pleased with his product that THEY do his (extensive) advertising for him. The quality of Skip's product and service is so-truly unique in this world today. His reputation is cast in stone. Yet predictably, and in spite of Skip's solid and unprecedented niche in the old Ford coil rebuilding business, we all wait with eyes rolling, for G.M. to again jump up on the stump and begin the requisite pounding of the chest while once again touting and defending the laurels of Skip's coils. As long as most of us old-geezer Ford guys keep breathing fresh air, Skip's business will continue to thrive on a well-earned word of mouth reputation, and without the chest-pounding. It just couldn't be any better! DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote