View Single Post
Old 12-06-2023, 09:57 PM   #2177
GB SISSON

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaker View Post
Ford Folks,
I had the pleasure of talking with DavidG. today, about some measurements inside a commercial cab. A pleasure to be able to assist him in his Gold Orange truck project too!

We spoke about the cowl design in these trucks that Ford had designed for mounting the vacuum clutch system. Amazing details and a neat 90+ year old story! As usual I feel like I am drinking from a fire hose!

I took some glamour shots of the ragged ol' truck. The weather has not allowed me to get it out lately. It has been sitting in the living room of the shop. I see a small amount of oil dripping out the rear of the pan. Humm? Maybe those new rear seals are not as good as expected??

And one of the first pictures when I went to look at it!

Regards,
Chris and Cheryl
Chris, the 'as found' shot gives me hope they are still out there. What a great find for you and a lot of fun for us, meeting you and your family while watching the progress. Well done!
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote