View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 08:52 PM   #26
TinCup

Default Re: Ok so a brand new radiator and it still runs hot

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I just got back from a get together with the Tulsa, Ok. Mafca chapter. Their were over 30 cars there and along with some great food their was also great dialog. Because I didn't want to take a 200 mile trip with a suspect car I drove my modern car but paid attention to the 6 cars that did make the trip. Day was cooler than we have been having and all cars ran 170-190 the whole trip. Only one of the cars was running water the other 50-50. The two cars with 10 fin 3 row radiators ran the coolest. While all the cars with 2 row radiators that were 8 fin ran the warmest. A couple of lurkers had read my post and recognized my car.
They asked if the problem had been solved and I told them no. Like the responses here everyone suggested timing.

Purdy I re-checked the radiator and it's not 8 fin its only 7. The guy that I got the radiator from insisted he got it from Brassworks. What kind of improvement can I expect from a 3 row radiator?

I also had a flat when I got home so I will fix that tomorrow and take it back out with pure water and see what I get. Thanks for all the suggestions.
TinCup is offline   Reply With Quote