View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 05:18 AM   #20
jrvariel48

Default Re: So I have a little problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOSFAST View Post
Hi Alan, that won't happen, at least not here, and it shouldn't happen anywhere else either!!

Hi Joe, what you want to do is fairly simple, 3/8" drill motor, 5/16" drill bit, and a 3/8-16 tap set. (starter, plug, and bottoming).

The key to getting it right is drilling/tapping as straight as possible, there's a bunch of ways to get this right, just takes some ingenuity!

There's a few shots below, one where we use the head machine here, the others, some of our in-house tooling we fabricated, simple for us, a bit harder for the at-home guys? Consists of asst'd bushings, a drill guide and a tap guide. These guides can be had most anywhere!

(Joe) I will contact you later!

Thanks, Gary in N.Y.

P.S. If you approach this correctly there isn't a chance of a single chip getting anywhere it doesn't belong. You start by using "duct" tape to close of the lifter valley, tape the block front to rear, leaving the intake bolt holes exposed! Second, using the same tape, you tape the 4 pair of intake ports, again, leaving the bolt holes exposed! This takes care of chips!
Thanks Gary! Seems simple enough. I'm concerned with the straightness of the hole mostly.
jrvariel48 is offline   Reply With Quote