View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 08:29 PM   #32
GB SISSON

Default Re: What in Tarnation?

So the weekend is now officially over... I got quite a bit done though it doesn't show much of anything in these photos. I'm still dealing with my primary work hauler being down in the middle of a huge job, but a guy has to keep his projects on the front burner. This alternator mount for a gm one wire was completely from scratch as the one on it was cast iron and for some kind of unknown alternator. I dug up an extra 'one wire' alt, but it has the wide v pulley on it like we use on a slingshot bracket with ford type belts. The one wire alts usually come with the narrow pulley that I need right now, but can I find one in this cluster****? I'll get one at napa tomorrow if I'm in town. Every thread tapped into this engine block is metric,,,??? I saw that one guy on some 4wd site said onan/cummins had them produced in Japan? Edit: and that oil filter attachment was a cast aluminum 3 bolt affair, but it was afoul with the ford motor mount so I cut the casting in half on my wood bandsaw, then tapped the passages I exposed with a pipe tap and bought the remote setup. I tapped the base of the old stock filter with fittings for 3/8 hose but the new remote housing is tapped for 1/2" pipe. Is that 3/8 hose gonna carry enough oil for this 210 cu in 'beast'. ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0137.jpg (80.7 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0138.jpg (78.8 KB, 72 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)

Last edited by GB SISSON; 02-16-2020 at 08:38 PM.
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote