View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 04:27 AM   #23
jquinlan

Default Re: Road trip: making it there and back

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCTA Chris View Post
Close to home but still had to drive the interstate for 60 miles. Suffering lack of power and the radiator issue I stopped every 10 miles to add 1/2 gal of water. I choose on-ramps with a downward slope to help the low end power issue. Still no clue what happened until compression test, I assume its multiples events: blocked and clogged radiator, trapped dirt or water in a carb (maybe condenser).

All the troubles were nothing over the fun I had and places to see in an "A". I changed my changed my mind on a few upgrades: I would rather fine tooth examine my mechanical brakes to get them perfect. Also saying no to the T-5 upgrade as I really enjoyed the driving and double clutching, the gear sound winding up is a great part of an “A”.

Sure was fun to take some old "junk" down the road. Hope it motivates a few to get out there. I'll keep you updated for the next trip!
Let us know what you figure out the mechanical problem (s) were when you get a handle on that. This was an inspirational read. Time for a road trip.