Old 11-17-2019, 06:26 PM   #52
KULTULZ

Post Re: y-block blow by..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod Reverend View Post

Kultulz
YO!

Quote:
... what pictures or other information do you have on the 1960 and up design? Ford made only three valley pans that I am aware of... the early (1954) valley pan that only had the long tube for oil fill/breather at the front, the pan that came out in 1955 with the ECJ Y block that introduced a downdraft tube that exited at the bell housing (this is the same pan with the rear baffle that many convert to use with PCV in one form or another), and the E code pan that had both a dish for the dual four intake AND a provision for the same downdraft tube at the bell housing. I have disassembled quite a few Y blocks and ran several over the years but have never seen the fourth that you are describing. Did it have a provision for a PCV or some other equipment at the rear of the pan?

EDIT: I have seen the style that included a curved/bent oil fill tube to make room for a radiator overflow tank - these all had the oil baffle in the rear as well like the 55 ECJ version...
Like you said, the 54 design which was replaced by the 55/56 design. No breather provisions. The 55/57 BIRD had its own as they used a road draft tube. The 57/ FORD had a road raft tube (57 8V and SC only). And the PCV pan was introduced in 1960 on the PASS CAR. Not all cars received PCV and most were road draft. And the LT began in 1963 I believe. I got rid of most of my cataloging some years ago.

Does that explain it adequately and what pictures would you like to see (if I have them)?

- WHY IS IT ... -

... that everything you buy in the grocery store is either wrapped in or contained in plastic but the government doesn't want you to carry it out in a plastic bag?

WONDERING IN W(BY GOD)V ...

DIAGNOSED CDO - (OCD In Correct Alphabetical Order)
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote