View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 10:34 AM   #40
davids2toys

Default Re: 36 Ford drag link orientation question

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennpm View Post
David,

I'd be buying this if rotating or flipping the drag link end for end won't work. You are concerned about the deep gouge in your pan and will have to repair that anyway.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/49-50-51-52...UAAOSwiXNdlrdy

Glenn
This is just a unrestored survivor with a tom of patina, so if this gouge does not leak, I won't fix it, but I will stop it from getting worse. I totally like the idea of getting rid of the bottom drain/ clean-out flange because the whole thing leaks like crazy! The 8 bolts holding it on are not fixed so when I changed the gasket, there was no way to stop the bolts from turning. There is also an inner gasket that I did not change. I replaced the bolts with studs with an Allen slot so I could hold it. Put nyloc nuts on the other end inside the pan. All of this leaks a lot so I need to address it in the future. As someone said earlier, I think this pan would need a different pump and pickup?
I had back surgery last year and a knee replacement 10 weeks ago so it is really a challenge to do some things right now. That oil pan looks like a major PITA to R&R

Thanks
davids2toys is offline   Reply With Quote