View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 04:17 PM   #13
fred93

Default Re: 29 Tudor door seal/bumpers/door glide clip

I finally got those dovetail rubber and brass clips into the door. I ground down about 1/16" on the top rubber (they are all the same but the one that I ground down I put in the top). Then I took the brass clip and radiused the four corners at the end of the clip (see pix) I installed both rubber parts and I took a Q-tip with some alcohol and coated the rubber parts. With that done I was able to push the brass clip in between the two rubber pieces. Getting the clip ends tucked behind the door sheet metal was a little tricky. I used a needle nose pliers and a small screwdriver to get them in place. After everything was installed I coated the brass clip with a lube that I use for this purpose. See pix

The clip looks like it is not straight but after the door opens and closes it was corrected.

Thanks to everyone who replied to this post. It sure is comforting to know that help is just a click away. Even though some posts do not get solved, at least there are enough replies to get the brain cells working in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Lakes Greg View Post
I recall I had a hell of a time getting the brass clips in. I do know that the clips will bend a little, then snap in two pieces. I don't remember exactly how I managed, but I did use needle nose pliers and stuck my tongue out to the left a little.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1935.jpg (30.6 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1934.jpg (22.7 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1936.jpg (38.2 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1938.jpg (32.7 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1940.jpg (24.7 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1948.jpg (43.5 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1949.jpg (36.6 KB, 120 views)
fred93 is offline   Reply With Quote