View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 12:07 PM   #37
KULTULZ

Thumbs up Re: I’m getting close to trying to start my 1956 bird after a lonnnnng ordeall

Everything you are doing is fine. I understand not wanting to remove the intake. You can buy a brass cap to close that threaded inlet at HOME DEPOT plumbing aisle. HOLLEY used to offer one along with one that is open and has a wire mesh screen (to supply cooling air to some choke styles) to keep low flying condors out (it doesn't take much dirt to foul the choke mechanism).

FORD actually offered a service kit to supply heated air from the exhaust manifold to the choke in 1959 for the earlier Y. Guess they got tired of hearing customer complaints of cost to replace the cross-over tube.

Now Sal made a very good point on the vacuum inlet providing cooling air, but it has to be filtered. As what you have (only choke housing) is not a complete kit, you may have to play with it for awhile.

Any questions please ask the board freely as the modulator has no concern for spent bandwidth (meaning he hasn't banned me yet).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CARB - Choke Lit.jpg (61.8 KB, 5 views)

We should have a contest. The player has to start at the very last post of a thread & then try to guess what the OP's original question was about ...
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote