View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 06:28 PM   #28
KULTULZ

Post Re: I’m getting close to trying to start my 1956 bird after a lonnnnng ordeall

Quote:
Originally Posted by scicala View Post

Do not block off the threaded nipple on the choke housing where the original hot air tube from the manifold connected. You need the air flow thru the housing and bimetal spring to keep it from over heating. It isn't anymore of a vacuum leak than with the tube connected s original. It's a very slight vacuum leak that doesn't effect the carburetor function. If concerned about dirt being drawn in, you can put a cap on it with a fine brass screen.

Sal
Sorry, I disagree here. That vacuum draw is calibrated and is a part of the fuel trim/calibration. It will throw the mixture off (lean-out). As for cooling, how can it cool with inlet air @ hot exhaust temp?

You may be thinking of a later aftermarket 12V electric choke. That is where you would use the vacuum draw as a cooler (depending on supplier). Drawing unfiltered air @ 14:1 ratio is a lot of dirty air.

We should have a contest. The player has to start at the very last post of a thread & then try to guess what the OP's original question was about ...
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote