View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 09:45 PM   #23
zuburg

Default Re: I’m getting close to trying to start my 1956 bird after a lonnnnng ordeall

Thanks for all your suggestions . Just a couple of questions for clarification:

> > The carburetor is designed to draw a small amount of air in thru the choke cover, it shouldn't be a problem, or you could plug it. Not sure if the heating coil for an electric choke needs the air moving to keep it from overheating.>>
Not sure what you mean by choke cover. Are you talking about the vertical tube that is right under the left part of the choke? I thought this must be where the outlet tube from the intake heat tube is inserted? Isn’t this where the heated air is blown into the choke? If this shouldn’t be completely plugged, maybe this is another place to use the mushroom plug to cut down on dirt entering? I’ll ask Mike’s what they think. He had another video on how to restore the choke. The one he was restoring was very dirty and frozen up.

> > Plugging the hole in the carb flange where the metal tube was will keep dirt from being sucked inside. The 'mushroom plug' will pass air thru it and not close off the hole. Photos below >> Are you suggesting plugging up the grommet hole or does the carb need some air? I thought when all the heat tubes were installed correctly, clean air was pulled from the carb through the grommet hole and through the heat crossover, then up to the choke?
zuburg is offline   Reply With Quote