View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 11:04 AM   #11
Jacksonlll

Send a message via ICQ to Jacksonlll
Default Re: That moment that makes everything you did worthwhile,

I wrote this a while back, but it seems to fit this post.
Model A Magic

We all know that there is something about the Model A that continues to amaze us. We find the neatest Mom and Pop restaurants when we are driving around on the little roads and don’t have any idea where to eat. It happens every time. We expect it now. We are also blessed with good weather on our tours. We start out with a terrible forecast, and as soon and we get on the road, the sun comes out. Either we are the luckiest club in the world, or God sure likes Model A’s.
I have come to realize another thing about Model A’s. They somehow get very nice people to own them. I was thinking about the many club members we have lost over the recent years. Each one of them was a super person. They would do anything for you, give you anything you might need, help you fix your car, and they were just good honest friendly people. A major loss for our club. Then I looked around at who was still with us, and realized that these people were the same kind of people. The club is full of these wonderful people. It must be the car that draws this kind of people. I’m not saying that our club is any different from other clubs. Just look around your club. I’ll bet you are also surrounded by these nice people who would do anything for you.
I have seen other car clubs (Not Model A clubs) and they are not the same. We have a lot of jerks in this world, but not many of them seem to own a Model A. Why is this? It’s not money or lack of it. Owners range from the very low income to mega bucks. It’s not education, or status, and it is not your background with the Model A. Sure, a lot of us had A’s when we were young, but the young guys and gals of today are also drawn to the A. Get a bunch of Model A’s together, and check out their owners, and you will have a bunch of very nice folks.
Jack Bahm 2019
Jacksonlll is offline   Reply With Quote