View Single Post
Old 05-09-2022, 09:59 PM   #18
eagle

Default Re: Shipping parts to Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro909 View Post
Feral or positive I guess depends on who you speak to - environmentalists, positive, farmers, a pest. They eat pasture for no return and break down fences. An interesting thing about these animals is that if there is a dry season and the food runs out, a pregnant flier (female kangaroo) will reabsorb the joey (young kangaroo) into her system till she is no longer pregnant. The young wouldn't have survived anyway and she has a better chance of surviving having "consumed" her joey. If the season improves while this is happening, the pregnancy continues.
Feral cats, dogs and foxes are a real problem They have hunted too many species of native animal to extinction. There are many varieties of animals that bound like a kangaroo from the size of that fellow down to not much bigger than a mouse. An ideal snack for a cat, dog or fox.
FWIW, the Australian coat of arms (https://www.istockphoto.com/photos/a...n-coat-of-arms) has the shield of each of the 6 states on the federal shield, a star above that with one point for each state and one for the commonwealth territories and a kangaroo on one side and an Emu on the other. The floral background is wattle, native to Australia. Of the many animals unique to Australia, why did they choose Emu and kangaroo for the Coat of Arms? The answer is neither can take a step backwards.
So endeth today's lesson!
Hmmm. Thx for the info. Interesting. I go to Texas every year to hunt wild hogs, where I've hunted the locals tell us if we see a snake, kill a snake. I kind of equate crocs and aligators with snakes, but I know lots of people want them protected. The over protection of the deer in our area has not been good for humans, the environment, OR the deer. Diseases are coming in. Im not for eradication, but too many is worse than scarcity.