View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 11:13 AM   #60
117harv

Default Re: Tail light safety and modern traffic

This is a restoration, preservation, site for the enjoyment of our vintage Ford cars and trucks, but it seems some want it to be something else. We ALL know what we are getting into with these old cars and trucks, their short comings for lack of a better word are what I like. I dont want to hear about LED's, steering racks, radials, etc. there are plenty of sites for and to discuss modern items wether it be for comfort or safety.

Like someone said, you can lite the back up like a semi if you like, it's your ride. Puting more or better lights on probably will help, but so will defensive driving. Motor cycles have one light, they are sure to get slammed into while stopped according to many of you. I drive all kinds of vehicles with manual trans, alot of the time while stopped I dont have my foot on the brake, so no light. If another driver has to rely on a brake light to tell if they are getting closer to another car, and not the fact that the car is getting closer/larger, then they shouldn't be driving.
117harv is offline   Reply With Quote